Monday, November 4, 2013

Restarting

It's not so much a restart as an adjustment.  I have posted about my love of my FitBit and I do adore it.  The tracking is awesome and the Friends feature is such a motivator for me.

But I have a 22 month old who has been fighting serious asthma issues and I am looking at eliminating dairy to see if it helps.  I have a very active boy who I have considered an elimination diet for many reasons and for the past few years.  I have been edging our family more towards WHOLE eating as well...  So, of course, I started reading up on Paleo.

I'm not saying I'm going strict, cold turkey and agree with all the logic.  But I'm curious.  So started today with it.  This carb-loving, dairy addicted momma didn't have either today and I actually feel decent.  (Wait, I am sure that I had carbs, but I had no processed grains.)

I'm inspired by some of the transformations I have come across and also by the clear cut way to decipher whether something is "ok" to eat.  I am worried my palate is not going to allow me to eat the breadth of foods that I need to see the biggest benefit BUT, even doing anything is better than nothing, right?

Will post weigh in results on Saturday (I weigh and then I cheat- only way I can avoid binging!)

Have YOU tried Paleo?  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment