Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Device I use and Love

So, I blogged a bit ago about my FitBit (find that post here)

Here's a picture of my Heart Rate Monitor after my work out at the Y.  I double up on classes a few days a week and today was a dance class followed by RIPPED.  Love getting my workout in on days like this!






What I like about the Heart Rate monitor is that it accounts for exertion, something the FitBit can't really do.  So, when I'm lifting weights, but not moving, the FitBit thinks I'm "inactive".  My heart rate says differently.  It's a more accurate calorie burn picture in my mind and also is a gage to me of when I can "push harder".  It does require a chest strap.  The one that comes with this is soft and has a removable node so it's easy to wash and care for.

Here's the FitBit that I have and I do still use it daily.  I love having the challenge of 10,000 steps, the social interaction of having friends there and compare stats between the two from time to time.  It's a nice daily reminder to be active throughout the day.  Here's a screen shot of what the app looks like.








It's super easy to use, tracks water, weight, foods and you can tell it what your goal weight is and it will adjust.  I like that it's so easy to use.  I don't use it much for food now but it's highly functional for that.

So what would I recommend?  Depends on your goals.  If it's simply to encourage more daily activity and you're motivated by goals like the FitBit provides, it's a great option and their customer service is awesome.  If you're working out a good amount and curious if that "calories burned" that your Zumba instructor or other fitness instructor cites is accurate for you, definitely go with the heart rate monitor.  I use both :)

Do you use a fitness device?  If so, what?

No comments:

Post a Comment