Friday, January 23, 2015

Checking in with an Update! :)

So, I'm back!  I have good news to report so far.  I am officially weighing in tomorrow, giving me almost 5 days to recover from an east coast trip...  The problem with being pregnant and living in an area that doesn't have your comfort foods readily available is that when you DO go to a place where you can obtain such foods, you may go overboard. :)  I enjoyed Chick Fil A, Cracker Barrel, Panera and even brought bagels home all while at a leadership retreat in South Carolina last weekend.  There is an amazing place here where we do live that has a delicious brunch, so instead of going right back to eating well, we dropped the kids at a child care spot and hubby and I enjoyed a kid-free brunch where we could catch up.  It was so nice. And I will definitely miss the grilled biscuits and gravy from that little spot.

So, in my last post, I mentioned that I love the tanks from Old Navy for workouts.  I happened to have pics to show the difference between the regular compression tank and the maternity style.  Regular is on the right, maternity on the left. Pics were taken 2 days apart.

I've been back on Trim Healthy Mama but with the calorie tracking.  I really have to do this. I know that a big benefit to THM is that you won't need to calorie count in theory, but I just have such a taste for heavier calorie meals that I can't balance them out with veggies/lower calorie options to make it balanced overall.  I have to be very intentional.  The good news is that I've tried new things as a result.  
Last night, we have a hamburger gravy (with seasoning not in the recipe linked) over creamy whipped cauliflower

Today looked like this:
Breakfast- Overnight Peanut Butter Oatmeal with mini chocolate chips (crossover)
Coffee with creamer (not really on plan but accounted for in my calories and minimal sugar)

Lunch- (s) meal
Quest Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar (on plan)
Grande Breve Latte, Starbucks 

Snack- (s)
Cheesy Biscuits and patty

Dinner- Off plan/Crossover
Pork tenderloin with BBQ sauce (sauce has <4 g sugar)
served over a baked potato and topped with cheese

I had a couple potatoes from our weekly basket and didn't want them to go bad, so am using them up.
I am going to finish at just 3 calories over plan and am sure I'll figure out a way to cancel those out. Not worried ;)

For exercise, I did 50 minutes of Zumba then 30 mins of walking on a treadmill.  My FitBit Charge HR is on its way but not arrived yet, so am using a polar hr monitor still.  The benefit is I have an accurate count of calories burned.

Tomorrow is typically a pizza night, so I am going to use a THM crust this time and make it work. I really want to make this work and keep the weight gain under control this time.  Any good thoughts and encouragement would be appreciated!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment