Monday, January 26, 2015

A day on my plate :)

I thought I would chronicle a day in what I ate just to show you what this "can" look like and maybe help explain why I do still count calories on this "plan".

This morning started with overnight peanut butter oatmeal. I love this dish- I'd been making it for a few weeks, but realized last night, I hadn't ever added the protein powder.  I added it last night and this morning it was fluffier. It definitely filled me up!  I add chocolate chips, which I think makes it a cross over, but that's okay. I needed the higher carbs for my morning workout. Also coffee with Natural Bliss Sweet Cream coffee creamer (yeah, not giving that up).

42 g protein, 58 g carbs

My workout was great- I did RIPPED and then Zumba for a total calorie burn of 892 calories.  For snack between classes, I had a CLIF Fruit Rope for a little boost.

Lunch? Yummy. 2 pieces of bacon, some shredded cheddar cheese, 3 eggs and 1 T of cream cheese mixed together with a big glass of water. (S)


My indulgent snack?  While running errands, I love a Starbucks so I get to have a grande breve latte with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Quest bar.  It's a higher calorie snack but worth it. It's so yummy and hot and the Quest bar adds needed protein to the snack to keep me going. (S)


Dinner is White Bean Turkey Chili (E or Crossover depending on fat) from SkinnyTaste and I use whole fat sour cream. I do this because the slight increase in calories in the sour cream is worth the feeling of being full longer.  My kids love this recipe, mostly. I'm also making corn muffins for the kids.

Dessert? I love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug with fat free whipped cream on top.

You'll notice, not many vegetables...  Yeah, that's why I need to calorie count. If these meals were balanced out with higher bulk veggies, the calories wouldn't add up so quick on me, but they do.  Here's my screenshot from MFP and my FitBit steps for the day :)  Technically, I have over 200 calories left, but I will prob assume that my sour cream in my chili being full fat made up for some of those and see if I'm still hungry at the end of the day.

At the almost 1/2 way mark in this pregnancy, I want to be responsible- not eat too much but enough. If I gain less than 50 pounds, it'll be my "best managed" weight gain of all 4 babies...
Anyway, I hope this helps.  I'll also try to diary a day where I don't do a high intensity workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment